Monday, May 17, 2010

Arusha Inside and Out

Hello out there! It's been such a long time since my last post. The Umoja move stirred up my routine and it's taken me about a month to feel settled again. Here are a few photos of my new home:



This is our day guard. He just killed the little cobra at hist feet.

I finally got the courage up to take photos in and around public places. It's amazing how many sights I have grown accustomed to. I struggled to remember what stood out to me as different in the days of January. It used to be at every turn that I would see something for the first time. I've tried to capture a bit of Arusha for you here:








This is a wedding party. I see trucks like this one with a trail of decorated cars every week. So cool!



The parade of cars makes its way through the city, passing through roundabouts like this one. 


Shanna and I just finished a weaving project with our Monday class, so I've got plenty more photos to share in some upcoming posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment